This full-color Workbook is essential for each participant and small group facilitator of Romans: The Gospel of Salvation. The Workbook includes: ...View full details
Romans: The Gospel of Salvation Bible Study Program
Romans is now shipping!
Paul’s letter to the Romans has been at the center of reflection, conversion, and controversy from the very beginning. Romans: The Gospel of Salvation provides an authentically Catholic, comprehensive, and simple way to understand the overarching theme of Romans—salvation.
Romans: The Gospel of Salvation explores the ways in which Jesus is the fulfillment of Israel’s prophecies, which leads to the universal, “Catholic” family of God.
In this 8-session program, theology professor Dr. Andrew Swafford and Jeff Cavins examine Paul’s letter to the Romans. Dr. Swafford and Cavins provide historical context and highlight the connections to Jesus and Christianity Paul makes with the Old Testament.
In Romans: The Gospel of Salvation, Catholics will learn...
- The Catholic teaching on salvation
- How to explain salvation to non-Christians
- What is required for salvation—faith or works
- What Paul really means by “works” not leading to salvation
- How Christ’s death changed our relationship with God
- The meaning of the difficult passages in Romans
- How we can enter more deeply into Christ
Dr. Swafford and Cavins explain that salvation is not merely the removal of a guilty verdict. Salvation is about entering into Christ’s life and death and sharing in his eternal sonship.
Components of the Romans Bible study program include:
- Romans: The Gospel of Salvation DVD set, which includes eight 25-minute video presentations.
- Romans: The Gospel of Salvation Workbook, which contains session summaries, home reading assignments, study questions and responses, and talk notes designed to accompany the videos.
Participants in the Romans: The Gospel of Salvation study program should have a Catholic Bible. We recommend The Great Adventure Catholic Bible, which incorporates the same color-coded Bible Timeline Learning System used throughout Great Adventure Bible studies.