Homosexuality and the Catholic Church
As the founder and director of the Courage and Encourage support groups, Fr. John Harvey is aware of the sensitive nature of homosexuality. With his extensive experience ministering to those with same-sex attraction, Fr. Harvey presents the Church’s teaching in an objective and pastorally-sensitive manner. Priests, religious, and laity alike will benefit from the many questions considered here, including:
- What is the basis of the Church’s teaching regarding homosexuality
- What do many consider to be the cause of same-sex attraction?
- Can a person overcome same-sex attraction?
- Why is it important for civil law to limit marriage to one man and one woman?
- How can a person live the virtue of chastity joyfully?
Submitted on 06-25-2012 Ed Alvarez
Father Harvey’s views are interesting although some may feel they are misguided. It depends on one’s religious views. Not a book for liberals it states the Catholic church’s standing on homosexual activity.
Submitted on 06-04-2008 R. Lacey
I am very happy to have another resource by Fr. Harvey on a difficult subject! His balanced approach reflects the constant message of the Church on the pastoral care of those who struggle with desires they do not want amid a society that tells them to indulge.