Ascension Press offers you the opportunity to review our faith formation programs before you decide to implement a study. We understand there are many factors involved in choosing a program for your parish or school, and we equip you with all the tools you need to make the right decision.
This offer to review our materials is a program for priests, religious, DREs, teachers, youth ministers, and others authorized to make purchase decisions for a parish, (arch)diocese or school who are located in the continental United States.
With Psalms: The School of Prayer, The Great Adventure moves from telling the Story to making it personal. While the historical books of the Bible recount God's creative and redemptive acts in history, the Psalms reveal Israel's response to God's covenant offer and serve as a model for our response to Him. Indeed, one could say that the historical books tell the "outside" of the story of Israel by giving an historical perspective, while the Psalms tell the "inside" story, which comes from the deeply personal perspective of one who is seeking God. Our communication with God is enhanced by a deeper understanding of the book of Psalms and of the individual psalms that reside in each of our hearts.
- Discover a rich school of prayer for all life's circumstances.
- Experience the transforming power of the responsorial psalms in the Mass.
- Learn how to visualize the psalms in order to empower their meditation.
- Study the many ways the Psalms foretell the life and mission of Jesus.
- See how the Psalms can empower your prayer to become an honest and personal dialogue with God.
View a Video Sample: