Ascension Press offers you the opportunity to review our faith formation programs before you decide to implement a study. We understand there are many factors involved in choosing a program for your parish or school, and we equip you with all the tools you need to make the right decision.
This offer to review our materials is a program for priests, religious, DREs, teachers, youth ministers, and others authorized to make purchase decisions for a parish, (arch)diocese or school who are located in the continental United States.
In Pillar II: Sacraments, the second study in the four-part Pillars program, Sean Innerst continues to open up the treasures of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Not only will you learn about the power and purpose of the sacraments, you’ll also discover how these fonts of inexhaustible grace can transform your life, providing strength, healing, and hope.
Having recently entered the Church last Easter, 2012, I feel like this study has helped me have a firmer understanding of the sacraments, why they’re there, and how beautiful they are.Ruth Stanley
These sessions provided me with an ability to truly appreciate all seven of the sacraments, especially to participate more fully in the sacrifice of the Mass.Joseph Sandoval
Your Group Will:
- Discover the sacraments as the source and power of grace Jesus gave us to face life’s struggles, challenges, and temptations.
- Learn about the sacraments’ biblical origins.
- Understand how the Eucharist foreshadows Christ’s second coming.
- See how the sacraments mystically transport us into the actual events of Christ’s ministry.
- Learn how the ancient Jewish Temple can be seen as a prefigurement of the Mass.
- Discover how both holy orders and marriage are ordered “towards the salvation of others”... and much more!
Participants prepare with brief Catechism readings and a quiz from their Study Set.
Each class begins with a 45-50 minute teaching, filmed in high definition with dynamic on-screen graphics. Participants follow the Talk Notes in their Study Set.